As you may or may not know about me, I am not a fan of memes, especially in the form of posting rules and tagging other bloggers. However, occasionally, I do break down when a blogger whose blog I especially enjoy asks me beforehand if I would mind being tagged. Such is the case today as I was tagged by Trish of Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity.
The meme is basically this: you are asked 11 questions, you then tag the next group of people with 11 more questions and so on and so forth. I will not be creating 11 more questions, not just because I’m a party pooper (although that is the main reason, of course), but also I don’t have enough time to answer Trish’s 11 questions and then create 11 more questions before I have to get ready to go to work at the library today.
So without further ado, here are Trish’s questions:
1. What app do you love above all others? Not an app person? What about website?
Hmmm. Hootsuite comes to mind is because that is one of the places Trish tagged me.
2. Describe your dream profession (sky is the limit).
Librarian assistant? Oh, wait, that’s what I am now…and I don’t know if it’s really my “dream” profession, but it’s not half bad, except for this coming week as we switch over to a new cataloging system. Hmmm. I really don’t know.
3. Appetizers or dessert?
4. If you could be BFF with any fictional character, who would you choose?
Gale Hawthorne, because I was, and am, on Team Gale.
5. I say BLUE. What immediately comes to mind?
Red and white. Go America!
6. Favorite song to blast and sing in your car with the windows down?
Sadly, I haven’t done that in a while. My commute is five minutes if I do drive, which sometimes I walk. However, I’d say, “No Tears” by Scarface, and unlike Michael Bolton, I actually could leave the windows down where I live because we don’t have many “people of color” where we live…and even if we did, I wouldn’t care.
7. What fashion fad makes you hang your head in shame?
I don’t keep up with fashion fads. Mullets?
8. What are your thoughts on 80s Hair Bands–specifically Monster Ballads?
That said about mullets, I love me some 80s hair bands, specifically monster ballads.
9. What is a book you wanted to throw across the room? What is one you wanted to hug?
Throw: Let The Great World Spin by Colum McCann, except I was reading it on e-book so couldn’t (damn).
Hug: The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.
10. Imagine you are an aerobics instructor–what song must be on your playlist?
Obviously, this one:
11. What’s for dinner tonight?
General Tso’s Chicken.
Bonus: What’s your favorite go-to lipstick (including color)?
MAC Viva Glam V. It’s the perfect pink. It was picked out for me by a gorgeous drag queen at King of Prussia Mall. Reached over my shoulder and said, “Here, try this.”
Oh, that last part was from my wife, in case you were wondering, but I wouldn’t mind trying it, although I might get some looks at the circulation desk if I did…well, let’s just leave it there.