What a whirlwind of a year it’s been, folks.
I started the year motivated…
…to read all the books on this shelf.
Somewhere…about April, I think, as evidenced by this post, I lost my mojo…
By the end of the year, not only did I not post once a day for 2011, I killed this blog and started another one.
I no longer said “no” and “yes” each week. I just said, “Meh” every day.
Wow! I suck…
or do I? (Wait, don’t answer that until I have had a chance to answer and then feel free to tell me how much I suck in the comments. Thank you.)
Hmmm, maybe we should look at this another way. What did I accomplish, in some cases even, despite my moniker, finish?
- The Harry Potter series….also saw all of the movies finally too.
- The Jack Taylor series by Ken Bruen, which started out well, but since, in my humble opinion, has faltered.
- The Dortmunder series by Donald E. Westlake.
6. Discovering new music in November and now into December too.
7. Something about which I almost forgot until searching the archives here: Surviving a tornado.
8. One last thing about which I also almost forgot until searching the archives here: Surviving The Rapture.
So how about you? How was your year? It didn’t all suck, did it? Really? That bad? C’mon, there had to be one redeeming quality this year?
Each Friday, I post Flashback Friday, where I use St. Ignatius of Loyola’s Examen as a guide and usually ask the following questions: For what are you least grateful this past week? For what are you most grateful this past week? This is a variation on that theme this week as I look back at 2011. I will have another Flashback Friday on…well…Friday, pertaining to just this week.