This post is in response to Marie at The Boston Bibliophile who earlier this morning posted “Books I’ll never read” from an idea she got (yes, stole and I from her and them) from a post “Bookseller Confessions” from the folks at Village Books Blog, the blog of a bookstore in Bellingham, Washington.
These are the top five books I will never read…
…unless a gun is pressed against my head…
…and prolly not even then.
- Any book by James Patterson and his minions: Two page chapters? Yep. I am a literary snob (see earlier use of the word “prolly”).
- Any book by James Frey and his minions: No, in YOUR face, Mr. Frey.
- Any book by Nora Roberts: I can’t even muster up the energy to begin to comment on this one.
- Any poetry or prose by Helen Steiner Rice: Basically greeting cards in general, except for the funny musical ones.
- Ulysses by James Joyce: I might be a literary snob, but I even draw the line at thousands of pages of stream of consciousness. I have a hard enough time wading through my own jingle jangle jimble jamble.