Each Friday, I post Flashback Friday, where I use St. Ignatius of Loyola’s Examen as a guide and usually ask the following questions: For what are you least grateful this past week? For what are you most grateful this past week?
- Body: Allergies. Allergies. Allergies. And yes, allergies. About a month ago, I switched from Zyrtec to Allegra in hopes that that would help. For a while, it did but this past week the pollen count was extremely high and kicked my ass, actually kicked my head repeatedly. It couldn’t have come at a worse time either as I had to do a little running around for the newspaper I work for.
- Mind: On a less serious side, but still serious sometimes, our cat pissed me off this week with his antics enough for me to write a blog post about him.
- Soul: That I still haven’t found who stole mine.
- Body: That I still was able to keep my body upright through most of the days this week. I know. That might not sound like much of an accomplishment, but considering the wicked headaches I was having, I sincerely mean this.
- Mind: That I didn’t lose mine this week, especially with all the running around I was doing, specifically on Thursday, which was a wall-to-wall day. Somehow I kept mine and only mixed up one meal of the home delivered meals I had to deliver.
- Soul: That even though I haven’t found who stole mine, that I believe I still have some, even if it’s just a little bit of soul, manifest if in nothing else my volunteering for the senior center and trying to keep a sense of humor throughout everything.
So for what are you least grateful and most grateful this past week? Have you ever “lost your soul”? How did you find it again?