This is what we are getting back from Uncle Sam this year and why he isn’t looking too happy in the photo at right and pointing his finger at you (actually at us): “I don’t like giving you any amount of money. That’s right, I mean, you, Mr. and Mrs. Unfinished Person.”
Last year The Wife and I owed $400-odd dollars to him. So after going to our accountant this morning and learning that we’re actually getting a refund, we’re feeling pretty good right now.
We just don’t know where to spend the money.
So I thought I’d go online to get some ideas with that very question: What can you buy for $14? There were about 9.77 million results! Of course, that was without the quote marks.
Among the things we could buy with our $14 refund:
- A cheap camera stabilizer
- 1 month to Shoe Dazzle for just $14
- $14 for $32 worth of cookies
- $14 for $30 worth of Israeli Cuisine, Drinks, and Unlimited Hot Laffa Bread at The Hummus Bar & Grill in Tarzana
- 79% off – Get your Karaoke on! $14 for One Hour of Private Karaoke for 2 at Limelight Karaoke Stage and Studios PLUS Free Admission to the Main Stage AND Two Shots of Sake! ($64 Value)
And that was only on the first page!
With quote marks, only one result was returned that actually was $14 and not $14 million, which was a little out of our price range, and it involved a 14 kt gold penny ring for $13.99 from eBay.