So looking back at this week, through the prism of the Sleeping with Bread meme, I ask myself and ask you to ask yourself:
For what am I/are you most grateful this past week?
For what am I/are you least grateful this past week?
For what am I least grateful this past week?
1. Body: Not replacing WeightWatchers, which I dropped earlier this month, with any kind of a plan, a routine or a way to lose weight.
2. Mind: Not starting Paradise Lost for Milton in May, but hopefully will get to start on Sunday, and not finishing a book sent by an online friend last year that I promised to read and review last year.
3. Soul: Missing a couple of days of The Liturgy of the Hours to start the week, and as a result, my “faith” life and life in general suffering, especially not quieting my mind in the morning before I started the day. Unfortunately, I let myself sink into depression.
For what am I most grateful?
1. Body: Not eating horribly this week, even if not eating great.
2. Mind: Finishing Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese and being able to borrow the next couple of Dortmunder books by Donald E. Westlake from a friend after learning our library didn’t have the next two in the series.
3. Soul: Being able to fellowship with fellow Catholics at an informal discussion of the book Fully Human, Fully Divine by Michael Casey. My wife and I never have really connected with other couples from the parishes to which we have belonged, so it was nice to have a night out to discuss not only the book, but also just hang out with good people.