Earlier in the week, I signed up for Natasha at Maw Books Blogs’ challenge called Bloggiesta. In a nutshell, the challenge, which runs from 8 a.m. today until 8 a.m. this Sunday, is to catch up on your blog.
So to that end, I plan to spend at least 10 hours, possibly 11 if I can fit them in with doing more than a few other things this weekend, on this challenge.
Mainly, I’d like to catch up with reviews. The following is a list of the books I have yet to review:
- Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin
- The Gypsy Morph: Genesis of Shannara, Vol. 3 by Terry Brooks
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
- gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
- Pigs In Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver
- Medicus: A Novel of the Roman Empire by Ruth Downie
- Lost Light by Michael Connelly
- Somebody Owes Me Money by Donald E. Westlake
- The Hunter by Richard Stark
- The Ax by Donald E. Westlake
I will be starting with the last three in one Donald E. Westlake post (he writes under a number of pseudonyms including Richard Stark) and working my way backwards from there. Even though Natasha said we shouldn’t spend any time on reading, I will be finishing The Ax (less than 20 pages as of this writing) so that I can review all three. I will be glad if I get through half of the reviews that I need to do.
Also within the next half hour, I will be adding at least one badge to my sidebar: Weekly Geeks. I had it there previously, but somehow within the last couple of months, I accidentally deleted it. As it was the first meme group with which I started, and to which I periodically contribute, it is a necessity that it be there.
Beyond that, I’ll play Bloggiesta by ear, as I look over the original list of possibilities to decide what else to do, if anything else. I’ll report in later in the weekend on how things go.