This week’s Sunday Shout-Out goes to Grant Miller and his team at Grant Miller Media, especially because of his coverage of the swine flu epidemic. This week he and his team have brought you not just one post but four posts about the epidemic with hard-hitting coverage only the way Grant and his crack team can do:
What do I mean by “his team”? Well, according to his profile, the authors of Grant Miller Media, along with Grant Miller himself, are the following individuals: President Bill Clinton, Andy Rooney, Dick Durbin, Strawberry Shortcake, Verdana, David Lee Roth, Bryan Adams, Holden Caulfield, Grant’s Mom, Abebe Bedilu, Jim Rome, Warren Beatty, Timmy and Your Grandmother. I was especially shocked by the latter since both of my grandmothers, to my knowledge, are dead and I began to wonder if maybe my parents aren’t telling me something.
In addition to Grant Miller’s posts about the swine flu this week, I also enjoyed the following posts (in no particular order) on the swine flu:
* Rickey Henderson @ Riding with Rickey gives you Your (Unofficial) Guide to the Swine Flu.
* My sister @ Boondock Ramblings shares Swine Flu: A Hypochrondiac’s Nightmare with us.
* Harry Yak @ Retro Yakking gives us Fun facts about…pig flu.
* Philip and Douglas Dyer, a.k.a. The Dyer Boys, tell us Top 5 Ways To Avoid The Swine Flu.
* There’s a storm gathering… with pigs… and Mexicans, warns Renal Failure, or at least so two of his characters Sean and Lucia Wheatley believe.
* Joel Klebanoff @ Stuff and Nonsense interrupts his normal blogging for a Swine Flu Warning.
* Bobby Finstock @ Pointless Banter tells us of 5 Things I Fear More Than The Swine Flu
* Mark A. Rayner @ The Skwib presents Ask General Kang: Should I be worried about what the swine flu may do to the economy? Mark also presents this month’s edition of Carnival of Satire (#113) with a host of more links, swine flu and non-swine-flu related.
* Dave Crane @ Out of the Mouth of Dave believes that if the swine flu is one of the four signs of the Apocalypse, then the name of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse should be changed to the Four Horsepeople of the Apocalypse.
* And last, but not least, nonamedufus casts his Pearls Before Swine.
Also added to my Google Reader this week were the following:
The Nothing Report, whom I thought I had in my reader previously, but for some reason, I didn’t. Oops, sorry, Beau.
For others who gives Sunday shout-0uts, visit Red Raider @ Beyond Left Field, who has his Sunday Suck-Up Times (delayed last I checked because some “little” storm 😉 coming through his area, pussy) and my sister @ Boondock Ramblings, who has her own version of Sunday Shout-Out, an idea I originally got from Diesel @ Mattress Police who has Tuesday Shout-Out.
If you’re still in need of links for more funny and engaging blogs after all that, then visit: