In an October 20th post, I celebrated my 200th post and over 12,000 views by announcing a giveaway to those who commented first and the most on my blog. Since then, I have heard back from 11 of the 14 individuals selected.
Here is a list of the books and to whom they are scheduled to go:
- The Absolutely True Diary of A Part Indian to Rebecca @ Adventures in Reading
- Sailing Alone Around the Room to Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society
- Rumpole and the Penge Bungalow Murders to Gautami @ Reading Room
- The Outsiders to Trish @ Trish’s Reading Nook
- Harry Potter 1 to Ann Darnton @ Table Talk
- Black Boy to Heather @ Book Addiction
- Left To Tell to Lezlie @ Books ‘N Border Collies
- Johnny Tremain to John @ The Book Mine Set
- Sister Pelagia and the White Bulldog to Beastmomma
- Slaughterhouse-Five to Swimanog
- Neverwhere to Aaron @ That’s The Book.
I still have not heard back from “lightheaded” @ everyday reads, about which book she would like. Here are the choices left:
- 180 More: Extraordinary Poems For Every Day, edited by Billy Collins 10/10
- Look Homeward, Angel by Thomas Wolfe 10/10
- The Giver by Lois Lowry 5/5
Please let me know, lightheaded. The other two will be thrown up to a general drawing later since I never heard back from two of the others originally scheduled to “win” a book.
Because of family financial constraints (I work two part-time jobs and have no insurance and my wife has a job which recently was cut from 40 hours to 35 hours), I will not be able to send the books until after Christmas. I apologize for being so exuberant in wanting to celebrate my 200th post that I may have went a little overboard. However, really I just wanted to pass along the generosity so many others have shown to me (and so many other book bloggers) with their giveaways.
To name a few, I have won a book on writing poetry from Jessica from the aforementioned The Bluestocking Society, a movie from her brother, Blake from Bitchin’ Film Reviews, a gift tin of pecans from Maggie from Maggie Reads and books from both Marie from The Boston Bibliophile and The Literate Housewife. I know that I didn’t need to do anything, but I wanted to do something because I truly enjoy reading so many of you with “book blogs” out there, who like me are doing this just for the love of books.
As I wrote to all of you who won a book in a personal e-mail not too long ago, I hope you will accept my apologies, but you will get your book — eventually 🙂
On a note to everyone else, I want to apologize for not being around here as much as I should be. I’ve been working at the two part-time jobs, plus volunteering at a hospice, and moving one of my blogs to a new address @ Unfinished Rambler. Stop by and hopefully have a laugh (or at least, the hope is that you will smile a little after reading the posts there).