Today’s reading will consist primarily of The Last Days of Krypton by Kevin J. Anderson, a book that I was given by The Literate Housewife in her First Comment, First Served-October Edition. I started it earlier in the weekend and so far, so good. I will be posting a review later in the week when I finish it, and later today I will give an update on my progress today in between listening to how my fantasy football team is doing. I also will be giving a short review of my week, including a new rating system here.
On Monday, I celebrated my 200th post and over 12,000 views. In honor of that, I am giving away books to the first 10 people who commented on my blog, and the top four commenters, all of whom commented more than 20 times. The books I chose were those that I gave a 10 out of 10 or 5 out of 5 out of books I’ve read this year (the reason I’m updating my rating, to make it consistent and clearly-defined).
So far, those who have claimed books under the “rules” of the giveaway,
- Rebecca @ Adventures in Reading, who was my first commenter: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society, who has commented 27 times (and counting) on my blog: Sailing Alone Around The Room: New and Selected Poems by Billy Collins
- Gautami @ Reading Room, with 25 comments: Rumpole and the Penge Bungalow Murders by John Mortimer
- Trish @ Trish’s Reading Nook, with 23 comments, and there from the very beginning:The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Ann @ Table Talk, with 23 comments also, and whom I’ve met here at the Sunday Salon: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling.
Nine books are left to the following nine individuals: Rebecca (only e-mail given), John Mutford @ The Book Mine Set, Swimanog, Lezlie @ Books ‘N Border Collies, Beastmomma, Aaron @ That’s The Book, Heather @ Book Addiction, J. Kay Martin (only e-mail given) and Lightheaded @ everyday reads.
The nine books are:
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- Left To Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza with Steve Erwin
- 180 More: Extraordinary Poems For Every Day, edited by Billy Collins
- Sister Pelagia and The White Bulldog by Boris Akunin
- Look Homeward, Angel by Thomas Wolfe
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Black Boy by Richard Wright
- Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
As per my original post: “By Saturday morning, if not earlier, I will send out an e-mail to the remaining nine individuals on what’s left and then it will be on a “first requested, first got” basis. If I don’t hear from the remaining nine individuals by Oct. 31 at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time, I will open the remaining books to a drawing within the next week.”
To make it fair, I’m asking that the nine left ask for the books in the comments on the post, starting this afternoon. If you see a book is already taken (ahead of you in the comments), select another one, please.
A reminder: I also have a copy of a 20th anniversary edition of The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, which includes a reader’s guide and interview with Coelho. While I did not enjoy it, I am sure one of you among the 14 might enjoy it. This will be given to the first one of you among the 14 who lays claim to it.