I’ve been tagged by Trixie at Reading and Writing About It for a meme where I’m supposed to write seven things about myself, and then link back to her and tag seven more people.
This seems appropriate as I just celebrated my 200th post and over 12,000 views here. It probably is about time some of you got to know me.
- Unlike Trixie, I have lived in Pennsylvania my whole life, with no exceptions, because contrary to what she thinks Delaware definitely is not a suburb of Philadelphia. 😉 I now live in northcentral Pennsylvania.
- I work part-time as a correspondent for a daily newspaper and part-time at an independent bookstore. However, I am working with a career counselor at my college alma mater to determine my next “course of action” after having worked in newspapers (mostly as a newspaper editor) for more than a decade and becoming increasingly sick of it.
- The rest of the time, I blog (ask my wife– notice, the lack of emoticon here) at this blog or one of my four other blogs: an unfinished person (in this unfinished universe), just a (running) fool, Journeying with the Saints and unfinished rambling(s).
- I am running in a marathon called God’s Country Marathon on June 6, 2009, three days before my 40th birthday.
- I am Catholic and am a candidate to be a Benedictine oblate at Mount Saviour Monastery. What is an oblate. See a post I put up on one of my other blogs here that might help you answer the question.
- The picture in my header was taken near Old Orchard Beach, Maine when my wife and I were on vacation in August 2004.
- My real name is a closely-guarded secret and while I’d like to reveal it to you, if I did, I or agents for the organization for whom I work (more likely since I usually just like giving orders) might have to kill you. 😉
Also while I usually don’t tag others with meme, in this case, I’ll make an exception and since I just celebrated my 200th post, I’m going to tag seven of my first and top commenters:
- Bookchronicle @ Adventures in Reading, who was the first commenter here on this blog.
- John Mutford @ The Book Mine Set, who among my first 10 commenters.
- Aaron @ That’s The Book, also my first 10 commenters.
- Trish @ Trish’s Reading Nook, one of the top commenters number-wise.
- Ann Darnton @ Table Talk, another one of the top commenters number-wise.
- Beastmomma, whose onscreen name seems as ambiguous as my own unfinishedperson moniker.
- Gautami Tripathy @ Reading Room, just because I have a feeling she’d like this kind of thing and I’ve been tagged by her a few times.
If you don’t respond, I may have to send one of those agents about which I was talking earlier to pay you a visit.