I started a new part-time job at a local independent bookstore so I have not kept up as well as I would have liked this week. So this might be short.
@ an unfinished person (in this unfinished universe)
- Tuesday’s Tunes: Ten For Tuesday: My 10 Favorite Movie Songs– from Apocalypse Now to Into the Wild
- Wordless Wednesday: Cowboys and Indians at the Rockwell Museum of Western Art
@ Just A (Reading) Fool
- The Sunday Salon: The literary gods laugh– and the Lord R. God Himself intervenes
- Tuesday Meme Things: Reading award winners and stuck in London
- Right As Rain: Not quite but getting there— a review of Right As Rain by George P. Pelecanos
- Monique and the Mango Rains/The Alchemist— Nicole Bonia of Linus’s Blanket reviews Monique and the Mango Rains based off questions I gave her; I review The Alchemist based off questions for her, for last week’s Weekly Geeks
- Friday Finds: Chabon, Moore and Pratchett from the brother-in-law
@ unfinished rambling(s)
- I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, Part II, where I recount my mechanical stupidity when it comes to lawn mowers.
- I guest-posted at Prefers Her Fantasy Life about whom and what I prefer my fantasy life with. For links to previous stories I cited there, see here and here.
Since I didn’t blog a lot myself, I also wasn’t able to keep up with y’all as well either unfortunately. However, here’s a few things that caught my eyes this week as I was checking out my Google Reader.
- Okay, this technically is still about me, but my sister is the one who wrote this post called Have sword will use it about what happened when I brought my 20-month-old nephew Jonathan a toy sword.
- My sister also wrote this post about The Huz on Sarah Palin, on what her husband and probably many other husbands were thinking about the VP candidate (uh, not me, honey, no, I wasn’t ;).
- One of my favorite bloggers, Jenn Thorson at Of Cabbages and Kings… wrote a tribute titled Fletch Would Have Wanted It This Way to Gregory McDonald, author of the Fletch detective novels who passed away last Sunday.
- Bex from the normally funny The Blog of Bex remembers the events of Sept. 11, 2001 in a rare but much appreciated serious moment in I Remember.
- Jeff at View From the Clouds asks and answers, “Are your kids a pain in the morning? It may be not their fault.” To find out why not, read his post.
This next week, hopefully I’ll get back into a groove on all my blogs. Hope to see around on one or two or more of the blogs.