I will start this week’s Sunday Salon as I did last week by reading the Office of Readings and Lauds (or Morning Prayer) with the Liturgy of the Hours before I go to Mass. However, I won’t stay in Rome as I did last week when I was reading The Triumph of Caesar by Steven Saylor (see review here). Instead, this week, I’ll be spending most of the day somewhere in England with Charles Dickens in Great Expectations. Already on Saturday, I made it to page 63, without even trying, so needless to say, I’m looking forward to this week’s Sunday Salon — and this my first Dickens novel, which as someone who graduated with an English major is hard to believe.
Looking backward, meanwhile, here at Just A (Reading) Fool,
- Monday: I posted my Meditative Monday photo this week, with one of my favorite places to read: the couch (but without cat on my head). See here for what I mean.
- Tuesday: I posted for both Tuesday Thingers and It’s Tuesday, Where Are You? in this one post.
- Thursday: I posted for this week’s Booking Through Thursday, which was about books on the Olympics and other sports. In my post, I especially remembered Jim Thorpe, Shoeless Joe and the Titans.
- Friday: I crossposted across all of my blog a post on what applications I use and recommend from where I can be found on Twitter to what I’m watching on Netflix.
- Saturday: I participated in this week’s Saturday Review of Books with my review of The Triumph of Caesar.
Later for this week’s Sunday Salon, in addition to sharing about my reading of my first Dickens novel, I will share links to posts on my other blogs as well as links to posts from others’ blogs that have caught my eye this week. Until then, I’ll leave you with a little humor as with one of my other blogs, Unfinished Rambling(s), I’ve joined a new site called Humor Bloggers dot com, to which I’ll also be posting later today.