Mostly today’s focus will be on Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Fight Terrorism and Build Nations…One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. I’m reading it as part of a group on Book Blogs at Ning called Travel The World (From A Comfy Chair), and am enjoying it so far. I’m about halfway through the book.
I also may be beginning The Snack Thief by Andrea Camilleri as part of The Orbis Terrarum (or The Whole World) Challenge. I ordered the book through interlibrary loan and I received a large-print edition, so I should have no time seeing the print. The book is the third in the famous Inspector Montalbano series after The Shape of Water and The Terracotta Dog and also will be third in the challenge.
Coincidentally, Bethany at B & b ex libris created both the aforementioned challenge and group.
I’ll be honest I’m a little behind on a project that is due by the end of the week, so I may not get to as much reading as I would like to today. However, I hope to squeeze in some at some point during the day, even if it’s a graphic novel or two (a link to the ones I have picked up at the library).
Among libations I’ve poured to the blogging gods this past week:
At my main blog, An unfinished person (in an unfinished universe)
- Tuesday, for Tueday’s Tunes there, I highlighted Brother Metal: Cesare Bonizzi, a Capuchin monk who plays heavy metal.
- Wednesday, for Wordsmith Wednesday, I shared a journal entry from 1991, The first moment the mouse crawled out of the wall, based off a Wallace Stevens poem.
At my running blog, Just A (Running) Fool:
- Friday, Horror of horrors: I stepped on the scale, which really needs no further explanation here.
At my reading blog (here):
- Tuesday, where I sought input on a review for Look Homeward, Angel by Thomas Wolfe for Weekly Geeks #12, and then on Friday, where I posted the review, using questions posed by members of the weekly meme group.
- in between, I participated in a few weekly memes: Tuesday, raidergirl3’s It’s Tuesday, Where are You?; Thursday, Deb’s Booking Through Thursday, which this week was suggested by Nithin with this week’s topic being memorable first lines; and Friday, MizB’s Friday Finds, where I shared my finds for this week: graphic novels.
- and last but not least, I was nominated for my first (and last — I’ll explain later today) blog award, a Brillante Weblog Premio 2008, which I passed on to seven other bloggers whom I thought were deserving of some recognition. To see whom I chose, click HERE.
Meanwhile, on my “rambling” blog, Unfinished Rambling(s):
- on Monday, I slammed Humor-Blogs, a directory of humorous blogs of which I am a member with a post titled Humor Blogs 3.0: Vista for humor bloggers, but of course in a humorous way while I highlighted some of the funny bloggers there (go there if you need a laugh, really).
- on Thursday, I slammed myself with a post called Asshattery, indeed or manboobs at dusk, which I revealed how much of a boob I really am (pun intended: a side of me some of you here on The Sunday Salon may not want to see ;).
- and then on Saturday, I finished up with three posts about instant messaging that began with this one about a conversation between The Wife and me titled Captain Weather-Genius I’m not, but I know MY geography. For the others, visit the blog.