For today’s Sunday Salon, I will begin in a different place than I have begun the last couple of Sunday Salons, which was with Thomas Wolfe’s Look Homeward, Angel. Since I finished the book last night, I will be starting with a new pile of books, including, but probably not limited to the following:
- The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford by Ron Hansen, whose book Exiles I just recently read and reviewed here.
- Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Fight Terrorism and Build Nations…One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin, which I’m reading as part of an online book group called Travel The World (from a Comfy Chair) on Book Blogs on Ning.
- View with a Grain of Sand: Selected Poems by Wislawa Zymborska, a Polish poet
The week in review here on Just A (Reading) Fool:
Then I was quiet for several days here as I was busy and didn’t post anything again here,, though I did update my pages here on my header, until…
- Friday: when I wrote a post on Memes: Love them or hate them, based off a discussion started by Kristen at Book Club Classics. This brought quite a few responses and quite the lively discussion. Thanks to all who responded there.
- Then after saying how I didn’t like memes, responded to a meme group to which I belong called Friday Finds where I shared my own finds for the week in books and other forms of media, including online articles, audio and video.
Highlights from my other blogs:
- Monday, after a three-month hiatus, I resurrected my running blog, Just A (Running) Fool, and my running at the same time.
- Tuesday, I incorporated my running into my reflection of Stanza 37 of the Spiritual Canticle of St. John of the Cross on my spiritual blog, Journeying with the saints.
- Also on Tuesday, for a feature I call Tuesday Tunes, on my main blog, An unfinished person (in an unfinished universe), I highlighted the music of Janiva Magness, a rhythm and blues singer who definitely deserves more recognition.
- Wednesday, on my rambling blog, I posted on how to be a supercalifragilisticexpialidicious… blogger, even making a humorous swipe at my fellow Sunday Saloners for the lack of creativity in the titles of their posts.
Later today, I’ll give an update on my reading as well as share links to some of the bloggers I’ve enjoyed reading this week and a few other links for your enjoyment. The review for Look Homeward, Angel, most likely will be coming tomorrow. For now, I’ll leave you with something just for fun that I posted over on my main blog yesterday: